[Reader-list] Pasmanda Intellectuals' Forum Questions...

yasir ~يا سر yasir.media at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 20:50:55 IST 2009

In fact its like that everywhere.

South asian has been described as homo hierarchus, and we have very vertical
societies, meaning layers and layers very deep. the zaat and caste,
biradari, clan (with some/ afew new additions and adjustments) has just not
changed very much. I dont think social change has had substantial effect on
that. certainly not among muslim zaats, castes, biradaris, clans.