[Reader-list] Shahidul Alam detained by Indian Border Security Force

Rahul Asthana rahul_capri at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 00:33:58 IST 2009

Dear Anupam,
I repeat,I was not making an analogy between home and nation.Read this quote from Shuddha again-
"I think the detention of any human being on the grounds that he is
crossing an artificial, ephemeral, man-made border is an affront to
our common humanity."
I was implying by my question that there can be valid reasons for detention of a human being "on the grounds that he is crossing an artificial, ephemeral, man-made border."

Hope this helps.
Thanks
Rahul