[Reader-list] India Is Racist, And Happy About It

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 11:39:43 IST 2009

Dear Rahul

Thanks for posting this article. It is a reflection of what the truth is
about India. The fact is that our middle class population is the most
Anglicized in the world I believe, even more than the Englishmen themselves.
And the idea of dark being accepted as bad and fair being accepted as good,
is an absolute shame in today's times when the elites wish to see themselves
as modern. We must really be ashamed as human beings of this trend.

Equally let me state another interesting example of what may be racism. I am
studying in IIT Madras, and most of the north-Indians studying here despise
Chennai, because as they say 'yahan maal nahi hai', the reference being to
the fact that unlike north-Indian cities like Delhi and even Mumbai (which
is western by geography but northern by linguistic standards for them),
girls are generally not fair. What's more, north-Indians believe that
Bangalore is better for at least fair girls are there.

So here we are, practising racism amongst ourselves. When we are not ready
to marry a girl just because she is black, then it is not surprising that a
Black, even if American, has to face what has been mentioned above. Of
course, in addition we are also showcasing how the female species of India
is seen through use of words like 'maal' , 'item', 'rapchik' and so on.

Regards

Rakesh