[Reader-list] लालगढ़: एक छोटे लोकतंत्र का बडे़ लोकतंत्र के लिये खतरा

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:01:45 IST 2009

Dear all

I hope you have read this. If what this says is true, we all must be ashamed
to even call ourselves as human beings. And we must be ashamed if we support
this action by the Indian state. This is highly atrocious and not what we
expect. The central forces are not sent on a mission to rape women or kill
people in the name of Maoism. Similarly, the people must be given the right
to decide their issues, not police or central forces or the state. Don't
tribals have a right to live?

I would also like to know how come it happens that whenever an industrial
project has to be put up, the houses of only the poor are to be demolished?
Why not the houses of the rich to be demolished? Sometime back, the NDTV was
running a campaign to save the beaches. The reality is that Pranab Roy, from
the NDTV, is actually ruining beaches himself in Goa, by allowing trucks to
deposit soil and other landfill waste around the beaches in violation of all
rules, all for a studio to be built for NDTV.

Instead of rioting between Hindus and Muslims, what is required is a
concerted action against the corporates violating human rights and laws, the
members of the state which collude with them and also our great national
media, all of whom need to be taught a proper lesson for having played a
role in destroying humanity.

One more thing. Violence is borne out of a sense of hopelessness. Since we
are responsible for driving our tribals and Dalits to the sense of
hopelessness, it's our responsibility to pressurize the state to do
something to stop this. Otherwise, Maoism won't stop, similarly as the
threat of Tamil anger resurging back in Sri Lanka persists.

Regards

Rakesh