[Reader-list] Jihadis abduct, rape young girls in Jammu -

akmalik45 at yahoo.com akmalik45 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 30 12:20:59 IST 2009

Dear Mr Rakesh,
                First of all, I must admire that you are read over and have clarity in your expressions and views.I don't go beyond newpaper reports and TV news & discussions and I would also state that many of the views formed are based on sub-conscious happenings in life which I may have encountered in my life-span with wrongs having more impact than rights.Unfortunately my exposure to NET is minimal as I am unable to sit for longer durations in front of the computer/laptop.I will reply to points raised by you in some detail:
1.If someone is out to question & raise an issue, there is no dearth of reasons.People do it at home with parents,colleagues in office and almost anywhere and any place.I agree appeasement is a way of life, you may be doing it to your Professors,others do it in offices, parents/childern do it.Certain decisions are taken overtly with reasons while others are taken covertly where the real reason is different than what is shown to be.Some actions are blatant misuse of authority with no regards for law or institutions or morals or precedents.If you have seen today's papers, see the arguments put forth by lawyer of the Mayawati Govt on spending of public money on her own statutes and elections symbol of elephant.In institutions if a girl gets higher marks, there is an invariablly a charge of sexual favours by her to get good marks.So if you have to have a different view point, you can always find a reason to do so and even justify your wrong actions.
2.It has become a general practice for the Govt/Authorities not to heed to the issues raised unless and until violent means are resorted to and then the authorities oftenly succumb to the pressures and your points come into play not to divide the country But succumbing to such pressures is resulting into benefits to those who don't deserve but are in violent agitations and those who really deserve are still being left out. Resevations to Meenas &Gurjars, Jats are examples of these.We have come to such lows where our childern have started wishing we were SCs/STs/or other reserved categories so that their lives would have easier in getting admissions, jobs & other benefits.In fact we are only heading towards more divisions if not territorial but emotional and affecting day-to-day sentiments.
3.Regarding creation of Bangladesh, the Bengalis in Pakistan would have been crushed by the Pakistani army, had it not been our Govt's intervention for our motives which finally didn,t pay off. They would have been rotting even today.Things have still not improved for them even after creation of Bngladesh otherwise you would not have so much influx to India doing only menial jobs.
4.Per se you can't have any reservations based on religion as per provisions of Constitution so whatever be the recommndations of Sachar Committee there can't be any reservations whether they are downtrodden or not.SCs/STs are categorised into classes which are not based on religion.However since there were no such classes in Muslims/Sikhs/Christians, the benifits are only going to mostly Hindus and that too affluent ones because the political system is not ready to get it flow to the downtrodden. How many instances can you quote where a sweeper's child would have gone to higher services like IAS or even to engg or medicine because they don't go beyond 8th class at all The other day our sweeperress wanted some money for her son's fees, I told her why does she want because it is free for them.You know what she told, she told that for several years she has tries but couldn't get Jaati Praman Patra because she has not been able to give the requisite
 documents and the rishwat reqd for the Caste Certificate.So she has abandoned her effort.
Now there is clamour for Sikhs, Christians and even Muslims to be termed as SCs/STs but their religion says there can not be any castes.
5.The current status of Muslims is pathetic, it is because they themselves are to blame and partly the previous Govts are to be blamed. There has not been any good education to them,job opportunities have been only for artisians which most are very good at.You don't expect any private enterprenuer to hire a person who has studied in Madrasas and does not have any other qualification. Will you employ such a fellow.The same party who is professing Muslim reservation has been in power for more than 50 yrs out of 62 yrs since independence.What is the Solution now, in Districts where there is majority of downtrodden Muslims, the Govt instead of creating reservation for Muslims which in fact even if implemented will be cornered by affluent Muslims in the class, the Govt need to open more educational and employment opportunities for all citizens which will benifit majority of Muslims but miniority of other relion people as well.But this serve the ulterior
 motive of the political classven giving a dole to all would be permissible under the law. But you can/t create a class of only Muslims for benfits.
6.Regarding Muslims in Army: If I ask you why there is no muslim students in your IIT compared to the population, can you give me a reply and tell me the remedial measures.Traditionally there have been certain caste people who have clamoured more for the Army and you will find that caste portion more prominent. If you are questioning the recruitment process itself, the solution is to rectify that.Today you are doing it for Muslims, tomorrow I will ask the Govt to find out how many Maliks/Iyers are there in the Army and why it is less in population the Rajputs and Jats, should it be acceptable? WHY NOT DO IT FOR CHRISTIANS,SIKHSAND SO ON ,WHERE IS THE END.If we find the recruitment process to be faulty, rectify the same.Let the Govt prepare interested for entry to Army as coaching institutions are doing for entry to IITs/IIMs etc. Who bars them to do so and the see the results.There are Govt operated/sponsered coaching institutions for childern belonging
 to SC/ST for school exam/cometititive exam like IAS etc.
6. Lastly Law has to be enforced, it has no emotions/religion attached to it nd it ruthless.Those are managing the affairs feel if some law is not good, they can always change. Mind it they changed the law for the benefit of Madam Sonia Gandhi but it benefitted others as well who were similarly placed.Let the Govt give simlar benefits to others while Muslims in general are benefitted.But alas that is not to be!
I don't have the effort left to read what I havetyped out, so will be sending it without a second read.
Regards,
(A.K.MALIK)