[Reader-list] Is terrorism growing because we lack a UID? - 133

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 18:27:14 IST 2009

Not only have the UPA and the NDA governments been incapable of solving the
triple conundrum of terror I have talked about, it is indeed shameful that
the govt. has undertaken such a kind of scheme which will be a victim of
massive corruption and shameful implementation. And it's no surprise that
the interests of the elites have been protected through that shameful
Supreme Court, which is only interested in giving decisions in the favor of
elites.

So, Jessica Lall judgement may be upheld, but the Sardar Sarovar dam will
still be built inspite of massive displacement, no rehabilitation to the
displaced and total mismangement of the situation. Reservation to the OBC's
will be provided without either thinking whether the 27% figure is right or
not, and equally the concept of 'creamy layer' will come in, without
defining it at all. A death sentence has been given to Afzal, without
realizing that investigations have not been even conducted into the incident
properly. And now, we have judgements for a NIC or a national identity card.

The first solution towards solving terror is not implementing this scheme,
but instead going for a massive reform by stating clearly that minority
institutions especially at school level would not be allowed to function at
all, and so also equivalent institutions for Hindus and others considered as
Hindus as per the Hindu Code Bill. Instead, schools themselves should give
religious education and proper teachers should be recruited for the same. If
in USA, schools can be state managed, why not in India? (Religious education
should be given initially somewhat compulsorily, and later as a matter of
choice, so that the idea can be mutual respect of the religions; all
teaching of Gita and Koran in private schools and madrassas as well as
Saraswati Shishu Mandirs/other RSS schools must be banned)

Regards

Rakesh