[Reader-list] Land grabbing - another case

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 19:56:23 IST 2009

dear rakesh

a very interestingly article indeed. if you know anything about the shabari
kumbh and the subsequent campaign by the VHP to quell the Dangi Nationalism
of the Dang district of Gujarat please post it here.

after travelling in the areas such as saputara, ahwa and other places, it
seems the Dangis or the tribal population of the Dang district also feel
forced to accept the indian mainstream culture. the Dangi king, Tapatrao
Anandrao Pawar also feels that by organising shabari kumbh in dangs, the VHP
and contrarily, the christian organisations by conversions have been trying
to get the tribals to a "more" mainstream culture.

regards
anupam