[Reader-list] Israeli Armsdog-Millionaires Assault Bollywood, Good Taste

Sanjay Kak kaksanjay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 00:05:51 IST 2009

To cheer up all those in India who are skulking indoors, hiding from
the the drunken cheer of Holi...
And do watch the video!
Best
Sanjay Kak

__________________

Iron Eagle Nominee: Israeli Armsdog-Millionaires Assault Bollywood, Good Taste

By Noah Shachtman March 09, 2009

Let's say you're a defense-company marketing executive. And you want
to make a splash at the Indian defense ministry's annual air show. Do
you: (a) buy expensive gifts for New Delhi's generals; (b) treat the
press to Kingfishers and samosas; (c) produce a Bollywood-esque video
featuring bare-midriff girls, flower-draped missiles, and the catch
phrase "dinga dinga dee?"
Unfortunately for us, Israeli arms-maker Rafael chose C. Which means
we may have just found the most atrocious defense video of all time,
just days into the Iron Eagles — our celebration of the awesomely bad
videos of the military-industrial complex. Trust me, Slumdog
Millionaire it ain't.

(Since the post makes sense only if you watch dinga-dinga-dee, here's
the most enthusaistic recommendation: go watch it!
http://blog.wired.com/defense/2009/03/iron-eagle-isra.html)