[Reader-list] Hindus, Muslims celebrate Lucknow's 'Holi Baraat'

taraprakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 22:55:03 IST 2009

A very appropriate line from Ghalib. This must be taught to all the
demagogues, ideologues and all the radicals as they hardly tolerate
difference of opinion. This can be the motto for the world peace.

Haan vo naheen khuda parast
Jaao vo bevafa sahi,
Jisko ho din odil aziz
Us ki gali mein jaae kyon.

Here "Khuda" (God) can symbolize the transcendental signified of an
ideology, towards which the followers of a specific ideology try to force
the world; changing the multi-colored humanity to a unicolored one: saffron,
or red, or green, or blue ...

Ghalib can be interpreted as saying:
"Yes, X is not loyal to God. Okay x is not sympathetic to Y's cause. If Y
likes his/her religion and heart (which contains passion for something) why
should y go to x's street"