[Reader-list] PK - Fwd: Karachi Crackdown - Anis Haroon Statement 12 mar/4:23pm

yasir ~يا سر yasir.media at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 01:14:59 IST 2009

*Anis Haroon* *Statement:*

Like everyone i was also apprehensive when we set off the high court. The
police was all around the high court and it appeared to be a blockade but
actually from one point they were letting the cars go right in the
highcourt.

The bar room was crowded and the atmosphere was charged with speeches and
slogans Jst Wajihuddin, Jst Fakhruddin, Rashid Rizvi, Munir Malik, Iqbal
Haider and women's n Human Rights activists, a few People's Resistance
friends were there. The leaders addressed and asked people to follow them
and remain peaceful.

we came down chanting slogans rather singing > Aisay Dastur Ko Hum Nahin
Mantay. The political activist of different parties joined in and we kept on
marching. Stopped by police and plain clothesmen with dandas in their hands
were hovering around. Then we heard the news of first arrests of Khi Bar
office bearers and political leaders as well.

The police had started creating hurdles but nobody seemed to be scared. By
the time carvan reached Quaid's Mazar it was pretty long.   When it passed
Dawood College students showered petals. The crowd was growing and people on
the roadsides watching us. I wish they should have joined
us.The<http://us.the/>section 144 was rendered useless !

Now sitting in my office I am watching the lawyers march being stopped at
Sohrab Goth. They cant stop the will of the people from prevailing!

- Anis Haroon.

 Anis quotes people's liberation poet Habib Jalib:
 Aisay dastoor ko, aisay qanoon ko, hum nahin jantay, ham nahin mantay !