[Reader-list] Hindu families in Pakistan feel scared, India grants Visa

Vedavati Jogi vedavati_jogi at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 21 12:08:05 IST 2009

as far as sc/sts are concerned we are not ready to accept that reservation policy has miserably failed. what they need is free and compulsory education till 12th std. and thereafter scholarships and interest free loans for higher education plus proper domestic condition for education in which children are not looked upon as bread earners.

consider a situation in which father is drunkard, who beats up his wife and children everyday, his wife is a maidservant who works whole day and earns only two thousand per month. can we expect these children to be doctors and engineers even if seats are reserved for them. only lalu's and paswan's children can take advantage of reservations.  politicians don't want to understand the real nature of the problem and real needs of these people. discussing these issues on readers list and holding elite class responsible for the miserable condition of sc and sts is not going to solve any problem.

as far as muslims are concerned too much has been talked about descrimination faced by them in cities. few years back i had read on readers list that their children are not given admission in schools. i remember, i had asked the writer for the names of those schools, there was no reply from him. recently shabana azmi had complained that she was denied flat in mumbai, hence times of india checked with many builders in mumbai and they found that there was absolutely no descrimination. in cities life is so fast that nobody has time to check whether his/her neighbour is a hindu or muslim. then why this fake problem is being created by socalled seculars? i sincerely feel that seculars are responsible for creating gulf between hindus and muslims by such unfounded rhetorics.

muslims send their children to urdu schools or madarssas, they want separate laws which allow them to marry four times. in that case who is responsible for their bad soci-economic condition?

if you really care so much for muslims, then ask them not to maintain their separate identity instead ask them to join mainstream. ask them to send their children to english -hindi or regional language medium schools. ask them to accept common civil code. hindus have so far trusted muslims now muslims have to reciprocate.

as far as pakistan is concerned, if you are still trusting them, then i must say you are truely secular ! then i would advice you to go to pakistan and start discussing plight of poor hindus in their country. it will be more benificial for improving relationship between india and pakistan.

vedavati