[Reader-list] Bush Surveillance Policies Live On In Obama White House

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 25 05:27:26 IST 2009

Dear all

The article below seems interesting. Unfortunately I could not access
the article because it is only available to subscribers. I would be
grateful  to anyone on the list who subscribes to the National Journal
and is willing to share this article with us.

Regards

Taha

http://www.nationaljournal.com/njmagazine/nj_20090321_6471.php

SURVEILLANCE: OBAMA AND THE ISSUES
Bush Surveillance Policies Live On In Obama White House
The new president has changed his tune from the campaign trail on some
surveillance policies.

by Shane Harris

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Barack Obama began backing off his opposition to Bush-era surveillance
policies while running for president last year. Now that he's in the
Oval Office, he has shown no intention of turning back or taking a new
direction.