[Reader-list] Happy Navreh

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 11:35:45 IST 2009

Greetings and good wishes on the occasion of Chaitra Sukladi, Ugadi, Gudi
Padava, Chetti Chand, Navreh and Sajibu Cheiraoba.

I wish you a Happy Navreh.

Since I originally belong to Kashmir, we Kashmiri Pandits celebrate their
New Year's Day, Navreh, on Chaitra Shukla Pratipada or the first day of the
bright fortnight of the month of Chaitra. The word 'Navreh' is derived from
Sanskrit 'Nava Varsha' meaning the New Year.Navreh, falls on Amavasya or the
last night of the dark fortnight.

Celebrated in a wide variety of ways in different parts of our country,
these festivals reflect our diversity and yet underline the unity of the
nation. May these festivals reinforce the common bond of togetherness of our
people and ensure progress, prosperity and peace.

I wish you Success & Joy.

Pawan Durani