[Reader-list] Are News Channels emerging as arbitrators of the I-card discourse?

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 29 23:07:39 IST 2009

Dear all

CNN IBN's Kinnari Patel reports about a village called Nargol in Gujarat
where it is mandatory for residents to have an I-card. All the villagers
have shared their fingerprints with the local police, she ends her report by
suggesting that, 'Nargol's is probably one story Gujarat and the rest of the
country should take lessons from.'. Interestingly in another version of the
same story, CNN IBN's Urunuday Majumdar suggests that, this experiment
should be 'emulated' by the rest of india.

Regards

Taha

Please follow the links below to check out the stories-

http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/70576/crime-control-you-need-an-icard-to-enter-this-village.html

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/crime-control-you-need-an-icard-to-enter-this-village/70576-3.html