[Reader-list] The Epitaph of a Mind: Vir Sanghvi

Vedavati Jogi vedavati_jogi at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 30 23:42:14 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh,

I would like to discuss all these points with you.

1) Very first thing,

There were 2 reasons why muslims decided to stay in India , firstly they were assured security by nehru and Patel, secondly, their daily bread & butter was here. If you read true History (and not the 'secular' one) that too with open mind then you will come to know that more than 90% muslims had supported 'pakistan' but most of them stayed back after partition.

I was shocked to read that it was magnonimity of muslims which made them to choose  India as their homeland.

2) Muslims come out to vote in large numbers does not mean they are very much in favour of democratic processes. Democarcy does not exist in muslim countries- see the past & present of all middle east countries. Muslims are quite aware of this fact that Hindus are divided in castes hence muslim votes can decide the future of the candidate which gives them power of bargaining.

Thats why 'secular' parties cannot cancel article 370, they can not bring 'uniform civil' code.
they don't dare to hang Afzal guru. they don't show sympathy to kashmiri pandits or godhra victioms, list is very big.

3) You have said that,

'secular folk' has never stated that they want Bangladeshis to vote in elections. Neither have they made any statement in favor of Pakistan.

seculars have created hue and cry whenever shivsena or BJP have talked of sending back bangladeshis

Shankarrao Chavan former minister had said that he would like to provide permanent settlement to bangladeshis.

After pokharan testing in 1998, Mulayam singh had advised Bajpeyi Govt. to pay 2000 crores to pakistan.

Manishankar Ayyar loves and trusts Pakistan and hates RSS. and whatever happened in Swat valley was just a 'deal' and not something one should worry about.

Arundhati Roy openly supported Afzal Guru and advised govt. to give Kashmir to pakistan

I would prefer not to talk about 'Tista Settlewad'

4) For me, muslims are Indians moreover they are human beings and not votebanks,
Not Babar but Ram was their ancestor. They should mingle with  their Hindu brothers freely. They should send their children to English / Hindi or Regional language medium schools and allow them to mix up with their Hindu brothers and sisters. They should accept uniform civil code.

Unfortunately that is not happening because you seculars continously give them feeling that they are different than Hindus, they are suffering because they are Muslims

I would like to give you one example,

I am a media professional working in the field of Education since last 23 years. Presently I am working for socio-economicall unprivileged children 20% of them are Muslims. Among them my most obedient and favourite student 'Rahil Tamboli' happens to be a Muslim .
His mother is a victim of Talaque, who is now working as a peon. Rahil is a very hardworking student who wants to be an IAS officer,

Recently some congress workers visited his slum area mostly occupied by muslims. These workers started talking about descrimination against muslims and how congress gave them gift of Sacchar etc. Rahil stood up and dared to ask those workers 'which descrimination you are talking about?' Because he is quite aware of this fact that he is the most favourite student of his Jogi madam. What he said was very very important. 'Talaque' is the reason behind his sufferings. This 17 years old youth  wants to be an  IAS officer but he can't  achieve his goal because he can't join even Junior college, he has to work because he has to look after his three younger siblings. "I will throw your Sacchar report into waste paper basket" believe me these are his words.

There are thousands of Rahil Tambolis in India.  Politicians and  seculars are constantly reminding them of their religion,  trying to separate them from Hindus, Politicians get votes and seculars can prove their secular credentials. They are more worried about preserving their separate identity and expect Hindus to forget their own identity,
anything 'hindu' is communal anything 'muslim' is 'secular' 'liberal' . Does this situation encourage Hindu-Muslim unity?

Keep aside your 'secular tag' and think over it'

Regards

vedavati