[Reader-list] A Pakistani Reacts - Lahore [ Manawan ] attack by Islamic Fascist

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:40:06 IST 2009

Almost 150 years ago, Mian Muhammad Bakhsh, a Sufi poet, wrote:

"Neechan di ashnayee kolon faiz kisay na paya,
kikker te angoor cherhaya her guchha zakhmaya"

Translation: You will gain nothing from your friendship with a person of
lowly character. You will be foolish to plant a grape vine on a keekar
(acacia) tree.

Ahsan:

I live 4 km away from the academy. Heard about the attack at around 8:30. At
around 10.00, I began to realize the seriousness and intensity of the
attack. Hurried to pick my son from school which is hardly 2 km from the
academy. The shrine of great Sufi Saint Madhoo Lal Hussain is hardly 2 km
away from the academy. Today is the third day of Lal Hussain Urs. Devotees
were busy going towards his shrine, thronging the already congested G.T.Road
and oblivious of the mayhem carried out 2 km away. I thought about the
message of peace and universal brotherhood which Lal Hussain preached in
this city of saints and gardens.

I dont know why we failed to stop the violation and plunder of our great
city. Violation of its traditions of hospitality and tolerance. I can not
figure out why we continue to tolerate these violater and plunderers amongst
us. Sitting on the pulpits of bone and flesh, they continue to spread their
message of hate and bigotry. Tonight I am going to the shrine of Lal Hussain
to lit “chiraghs and diyas” for all the innocent blood that was spilled. I
will sit amongst my brothers to drink bhang, smoke pot and shout a rebel
yell in defiance of the mullahs of this land.

http://letusbuildpakistan.blogspot.com/