[Reader-list] victims must get justice, get the succor to start the life again from the scratch.

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Fri May 1 20:40:20 IST 2009

Rajen,

How do you decide that Teesta or any one who is working on the issues of
justice to the riot victims have no or less acceptance in the society? How
many times have u visited Godhra or even Modassa or Gulbarg society? Have
you walked down an alley in Polan Bazar in Godhara or seen how Ganesh
visarjan riots take place? Do you even know where is Modassa, where colonies
have been seperated since 2002, for hindus and muslims...there is border in
that town -- which divides them into two halves. are u talking about this
kind of communal harmony? Have you heard about K.G. Park and Noorani Mohalla
in Vadodara, where hundreds of riot affected muslim families stay with no
roads or water facilities?

Talking about unwarranted modi bashing -- do u know Satish Mishra, whose
wife got burnt in the godhra train burning incident on February 27, 2002? Do
you how in modi government's official records, Mishra's wife is still
missing? Do you know not a single rupee was given as compensation to Mishra
-- who was in SSG hospital in Vadodara trying to get treatment and later
shifted to a private hospital to save himself because he would have been
dead in that government hospital as his relatives from faizabad could not
locate him for the next two ... whose wife was termed as a kar sevak by VHP
activists without even Mishra's knowledge and her photo hangs in the VHP
office of Ahmedabad as one of the martyrs in godhra carnage, while all
thoughout her short life, she just took care of her husband and raised a
daughter until that day? So easy for you to write something like this and
get away with it. What kicks do you get out it? intellectual orgasm...isnt
it? Mishra doesnt even know who burnt that train. "it happened so quickly, i
did not even see who did that", is his official statement before SIT probing
into the incident. his wife was consumed by flames while he jumped out of
that fateful train, with 40 % burns, thinking that she was safe. Do you know
Naseem shiakh from Delol? her 22 relatives were chopped off in 2002 in Kalol
and thrown in the water of Goma river near Godhra while she was in a
hospital. the modi administration considered them missing all this while.
all these people had to wait for seven years, for the modi administration to
declare them as dead, register fresh cases. why do you think Supreme Court
has finally transferred these cases to fast track courts? tell me please.

i find it very disturbing and problemmatic to find not just you but several
people in this reader's list, who quickly post their opinions on the basis
media reports ( by media, i just do not mean newspaper and tv channels, but
also who feed you with such information) and go about media bashing. here i
categorically do not include subuhi's comments on TISS student gang rape
case because several tabloids indeed messed it up. i hope we have more real
opinions from those who belong to a place where such and such incident has
happened and could add a perspective because they were present in such and
such places or been there when these incidents happen.

Moreover, how does one pass a judgement on media as a whole which is so
scattered in its range of opinions that it transmits every minute? if you
do, please name them who gives you such information. that helps one to come
up with counterview. i am frustrated by the amount of rhetoric that this
reader's list doles out every day. When someone writes or posts a genuine
piece (as in the case of Inder Salim's the mango tree), it is attacked as if
the person is making a gross political violation but kite flying is
considered a very well known trick and no one says anything about it.

-anupam