[Reader-list] victims must get justice.

Rajen Uppinangadi rajen882uppinangadi at gmail.com
Sat May 2 13:46:53 IST 2009

Anupam,
    I do not carry baggage of any idealogy of any political outfit, be it of
red, tricolor or saffron, so for me to express my opinion as I do is not for
orgasm, but to share my anxiety.

As to Theesta, she is not helping the riot victims as she is busy with
helping accused in riots, based on their faith,  of Gujarath, unlike her
father the famous jurist Justice Setalwad.Theesta if only had interest to
help the victims instead of being pawn to party in power at centre, for the
NGO funds, could have done much more to all victims, as victims are humans,
faith came later to them., or lack faith also does not make anyone less
humane.?

As to judicial proceedings, it is the duty of the citizens to demand total
transapareny in the proceedings so that deals are not struck in delivery
system, all political parties have something to gain from delayed justice,
the appeasement of vote banks, keeping their individuals in safe havens,
etc..

As to separate living areas of the Gujarath or any other place in India, it
is for the society to address this issue, if you care to visit Mallapuram,
Kannur, In Kerala, Bhatkal, Kolar, Mulbagal in Karnataka, you can see what
are called as mini pakistans with muslim majority. Even metro cities have
the type of isolated ghettos of different communities thanks to the divide
and rule that went on for all these years in free India.

Regards,

Rajen.