[Reader-list] victims must get justice.

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Sat May 2 14:57:03 IST 2009

Rajen,

You say you do not carry an ideology as a baggage but the stuff you talk
about most of the time is a borrowed rhetoric from a narendra modi speech.
so please. the reason why we have so many mini-pakistan, as you stated
because these people feel secure staying close to each other (which you also
would have done if you were in USA and UK). the fact that these places have
been turned to ghettos is only because of vulgar display of majoritarianism.
trying to play majoritarian politics is as communal as trying to have
minority vote banks. they both complement each other.

about you are pretty much misinformed teesta and her colleagues intention.
she is not siding with those who have been accused of rioting. she and
others were looking for the those who were killed by the rioters during
gujarat 2002. so please first check your facts and try putting them up.

Chanchal,

This nation was not founded on basis of a religious identity. Please check
your facts. And for your information, out of the 65 persons who were burnt
in that Godhra carnage, the same government based on the Hindutva lines
considered many of the dead as missing for the last 7 years.

In the bombings and massacres that you have cited, not just Hindus, Muslims,
Sikhs also have been killed. What is your problem with conversions? Or with
Bangladeshis – they come to work as labourers. Half of your construction
businesses in northeastern states have Bangladeshi labourers working at half
the majdoori and a loaf of bread. Go throw them out, see what happens.

Again on the issue of Kashmiri pandits, it is greed-infested policy making
of successive governments of India and Pakistan that doesn’t understand
Kashmir’s diversity and making their own claims on territories, so that they
can cash in from these lands.

I am surprised at you being educated person and justifying the crimes of the
rioters as reactions. When tomorrow, such reactions turn into an organised
Mafiosi for the protection of just class of people, destabilising the fabric
of this country, I am sure you will come to justify. Wouldn’t you?

This country is not because so many Hindus or so many muslims or Sikhs or
Christians took part in the freedom struggle to oust the colonial
rulers.Most of the Hindu outfits had sided with erstwhile kings and their
principalities so that they could jeopardise the freedom movement and turn
into a majoritarian Hindu state. Killing of Mahatma Gandhi was the handiwork
of a Hindu terrorist. so please do not forget that. Fortunately, for this
country any attempt by a select coterie of people to hijack its
constitutionality or its foundations has been foiled. It is not as you
anti-nationalism, it is very much in the spirit of the nation.

By the way since you have cited the numbers, let me tell you that when 65
people were burnt in Godhra by whom which is not yet clear under the eyes of
the law, a genocide followed in 1169 persons went missing, out of which 90
per cent people were muslims. So this is the reaction that you are trying to
justify.

-anupam