[Reader-list] Third Letter to Uncle Sam from Saadat Hasan Manto

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 16:42:53 IST 2009

Dear Anupam

Thank you for sharing these pieces by Manto. Great writing that comes through even in the English translation. Khalid Hasan seems to have done a wonderful job in retaining a flavour to the writing.

Of the total of nine such letters, I could find only one additional one (fourth letter) on 'Chowk'. Posting it separately. Do you have any web-source for the balance five?

The translator Khalid Hasan was himself too an accomplished person (died Feb 5, 2009). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_Hasan

(Dear Yasir ..... same question for you ..... do you have any web-source for the balance five letters? Also; Has anyone done audio recordings of these letters? I can already imagine what a great job would be done by someone like Zia Mohideen)

Kshmendra