[Reader-list] why all this bickering in a forum which is supposed to be of intellectuals, for all.?

Rajen Uppinangadi rajen882uppinangadi at gmail.com
Wed May 6 16:06:28 IST 2009

Dear All,

   freedom of expression has no absolute freedom to hurt others, as societal
freedom of expression is also important just as individual freedom.Such
freedom becomes license to be not good in society, thus spoiling the
prospects of good present and ruining the perfect future. Hindu way of life
recognises  all faiths and respects them, because it is oldest way of life,
Sanathan Dharma, is ever evolving, embracing good out of all the faiths,
rejecting the ills if any in any way of life.

Please do remember again and again that we are no more in kingdoms ruled by
kings of different faiths, now we are ruled by ourselves, by the rule of
laws, as enshrined in the Constitution, which ensures respect for all
faiths, appeasement to none, let us have that in mind and in our actions of
correcting the past, let us not fill our mind with hate, revenge and
vengeance and this will only give us violence and more of it.Freedom to post
the thoughts should not become a vitriolic past time to use the intellect in
more hate posts to vitiate the forum, let us be thinking of the generations
next that have to live with prosperity, peace and harmony.

Mistakes are committed by humans for their percieved hurts, actuals hurts
and imagined hurts, like the Bush who went in search of imagined weapons of
mass destructions in Iraq and Afghanistan, a leader who plunged his nation
to deprived position with war crimes, waste of public funds and now the
nations who indulged in this violent war are all paying for it with
recession.Truth of the matter is Bush and such leaders who are "devout" are
the villains in mankind. Hindu way of life always has the patience to bear
out as much as possible and the last resort is the use of violent war when
all other methods of corrections fail. War always brings with it destruction
and this is born out in all the epics that we read for literary or
intellectual values in these epics, be it Ramayana or Bhagawatha, or Maha
Bharatha.

 With different rulers ruling the land mass that is now partly Bharath, the
real kingdom of the Ramayana or Mahabharatha is much larger and Khandahar
gave khandhari, or gandhari to Mahabharatha, mistakes have happened in the
past with rulers of different faiths but is it the reason enough for us to
ruin the present and spoil the future of the next generation.? History has
also shown us that whoever ruled,  the kingdom, the ruled changed faith to
be closer to the power that is ruling, for the greed of being in power.
Moguls has had kings like Akbar who founded the faith of Deen E elahi, where
sufism was the faith, but we have also Babar and Aurangjebs who ever
hesitated to use sword for the faith and conversion. British rule saw that
the books of knowledge of hindus were debunked, denigrated, many hindus to
be in good books were the first to retain hindu names and be the converts to
proseltyse, but let bygones be bygones, now is there need to carry this
baggage of hate and revenge in democratic rule of laws where rule of laws
can set right all the wrongs if we do mind to set right legally instead of
using the verbal or physical violence.?

 All that my prayer now, is Oh, Lord,, they know not what they are doing ,
forgive them.

When all faiths talk of humane way of life why this craze for animal
insticts.? Healthy debates without demeaning each other is very heartening,
but dissent is to be answered with thoughts, not by attack on that
individual.... Let the thoughts attack  other thoughts and better thoughts
will prevail for good of the society.

Regards,

Rajen.