[Reader-list] Politics of Scholarship, Imperialist plot, and Consent of Administration and JNUSU

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Thu May 7 04:31:49 IST 2009

Dear all,

I would like to thank the 'Dismayed Research Scholars of JNU' for
this post., which I fine very revealing. How is it that a premier
university like JNU can get on in life without a serious publishing
house, how is it that it does not pay attention to the day to day
needs of students and research scholars, and how is it that so many
factions of student political organizations in JNU (of the right,
left and far left) can cry themselves hoarse on issues as diverse as
Hindutva and Venezuela, and still not have the time to pay attention
to the fact that the JNU does not have its own publishing imprint.
Should we take this form of education, this form of university
administration, and this brand of student politics at all seriously?

curious

Shuddha.

  However, the *transformative* ambition of
administration is not visible in spheres of more hostels, increased
scholarship, more relevant books suggested by teachers and students
in the
Library, facilities for differently abled students, water
availability in
place of the directive to the students to move for the home in the
absence
of water, internet facility in hostels , renovation of existing hostels
especially infrastructure and publication opportunity for the research
scholars.