[Reader-list] siliguri

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Thu May 7 15:24:52 IST 2009

Dear Yasir

The video shows policemen using lathis on some men in civilian clothes so do not understand reference to some "regiment" being beaten up.

Who is being beaten up and for what reason cannot be inferred from the video.

There is a Gorkhaland movement which primarily demands a seperate administrative unit (State). Apart from vague whiffs, I do not know of it being 'separatist' or with a 'Govt in Exile' or with a 'Rebel Army' which would have a 'Gorkha Regiment'.

There are Gorkha Regiments in the Indian Army. It would be much more like that they would be beating up the Police in a confrontation.

It may be so that the video is of some Gorkhalanders being lathi-charged.

Kshmendra