[Reader-list] Sajjad Lone - 'left alone'

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Sat May 16 19:02:51 IST 2009

I had appreciated the fact that after years of myopic vision, some
separatist elements of the valley had woken up and taken the plunge in these
elections. One among them was Sajjad Lone, who was defeated today in an area
which used to be strong hold of his family.

Sajjad had defended his stand by saying that 'it was a change in strategy'.
It seems the people haven't shown faith in him. They have yet again bravely
sidelined the separatist elements who are responsible for the present
condition of the valley.

The common people of Kashmir want peace, and no more politics being played
with them by separatist self-styled goons and their pay-masters across the
border. How can mere puppets stand tall as leaders ? Wishful thinking.

We saw Sajjad's fassist nature when he tried his best to instigate communal
passions in Muslim majority Kashmir during the unfortunate Amarnath land
controversy. His senior counterpart (Geelani) is upto similar mischief even
this time around.

regards

--
Aditya Raj Kaul