[Reader-list] Election Forecast

A.K. Malik akmalik45 at yahoo.com
Sun May 17 18:41:32 IST 2009

Rakeshji,
              I just want to bring to your knowledge one of the day-to-day instances which reinforces the view that some special treatment is meted out based on religion which is against our Constitution. In Delhi schools all girl childern are given free uniform and free books. However Muslim girls are given an addtional sum of Rs 300 irrespective of their parents' income. So you have a Hindu girl whose father is a rehriwala and is hardly able to meet his daily expenses and another Muslim girl whsoe father is well off but she still gets money because she is Muslim. What will you call this type of Govt sponsered muslim appeasement. Had a similar thing been done in Gujarat for Hindus everybody would have been after Modi's blood.
(A.K.MALIK)