[Reader-list] Election Forecast

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Tue May 19 15:10:00 IST 2009

And how did Chidambaram manage to win ???

 Daily Mirror, Editorial, May 18, 2009-06-18 Shoe attacks can lead to
slippery victories While the Indian election was declared free and fair ,
the victory of Senior Congress leader and Home Minister P. Chidambaram had
led into a major controversy. On Saturday morning the election officials
declared that Chidambaram- victim of a Bush-style shoe attack in the run up
to polls – was defeated by AIADMK candidate Raja Kannappan by over 3000
voters in Sivaganga electorate in Tamil Nadu. It was confirmed on a second
recount as well. However a third recount done on the request of Chidambaram
saw him leading with a slender 3,354 vote margin with 3,34,348 votes against
3,30,994 by Kannappan. An incensed Kannappan accused the Home Minister of
bribing election officers and AIADMK has vowed to take legal action against
the officers. http://www.dailymir ror.lk/DM_ BLOG/Sections/ frmNewsDetailVie
w.aspx?ARTID= 49176<http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections/frmNewsDetailView.aspx?ARTID=49176>