[Reader-list] Taliban Hypocracy = Pakistan Hypocracy

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Wed May 20 17:02:29 IST 2009

http://letusbuildpakistan.blogspot.com/2009/05/muslim-khans-is-pakistans-national.html

Muslim Khan, the spokesman of Pakistani Taliban, has won unprecedented
notoriety for justifying beheading, flogging, and digging up and
hanging the dead. He has a personal stake in propagating the kind of
education Muslims of the world must have. Or must not have. He has
justified the bombing of schools on many pretexts, but one stands out:
Muslims must not get “English” education. By which Muslim Khan means
that any school which has anything to do with the English language
must be demolished. The Taliban have so far demolished hundreds of
schools in the name of cleansing education of the Western-infidel
influence. Pakistan’s Islamo-fascist Urdu media has always given him a
lot of coverage making him a national folk hero who has stood up to
the United States and her Pakistani lackeys.

At long last, someone found out that Muslim Khan’s own son is a
graduate student at the University of Peshawar and the medium of his
education is English. When the question about his son was tossed to
him, the great Muslim Khan was philosophical: “My son is disobedient!”
The filed closed. No more questions please.

Judging by Muslim Khan’s own Islamist criteria, his prodigal son is a
double whammy: getting English education and being a disobedient son.
Can there be a greater sin than filial disobedience which implies
filial ingratitude? Plus the infidel English education. And yet Muslim
Khan will not slaughter his son nor let any of his fellow Taliban do
it. But he will flog and behead anyone else’s boys and girls for
countless petty acts like a girl’s leaving home without being
chaperoned by an adult male.

This is not just Taliban hypocrisy; this is typical Pakistani hypocrisy.

I have studied, visited, and lived in a number of countries. I have
always tried to understand how Pakistani expatriate communities live.
I can report a lot of incidents, but I will narrate only of which I
have had the very first hand experience.

In a Muslim country there was a Pakistani who in the mid 1990s who
terrorized not just the Pakistanis, but anyone he could get hold of.
All in the name of Islam. Mullah F was his name, and he was a zealous
member of the Tablighi Jamaat, and saw to it that he conveyed the
message of Islam to as many non-Muslims and non-Wahabis as he could.
One evening, as my wife and I were being treated to a diner by a Sri
Lankan friend and his wife, Mullah F came over with the two religious
police officers. Without greeting any one of us, Mullah F told my
friend’s wife that she had been living in sin because she was a Muslim
and her husband a Buddhist. The husband and wife were too scared and
my wife and I were too dumbfounded to say anything. After Mullah F and
the religious officers left, my friend who had taught mathematics in a
Karachi school for a few years exhausted his repertoire of
four-letters words for the unwelcome guests. Soon fearing the mighty
hand of the possible Islamist inquisition, the couple left the country
for good and settled in Auckland where they live a happy life with
their three children.

Mullah F had many rabbits up his. His favorite pastime, apart from
proselytizing, was to embarrass and insult Pakistanis who had acquired
permanent residence in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. In
Pakistani gatherings he would tell in a loud voice that those who had
obtained permanent residence in “those infidel countries” would have
their daughters turned into prostitutes and sons into pimps who would
end up marrying the infidels. He would also say that in an infidel
country like Australia or Canada, people lived haram lives.

To his credit, Mullah F’s made his wife and three daughters live in
complete purdah, and you could not even see his wife’s hands which had
gloves on all the time. And life went on till my friend Mr. Shah came
over one evening and asked me to accompany him. He wanted to see
Mullah F. I protested. I had never even spoken to him and vice versa.
Besides, I wanted to stay away from the filthy mouth of the man. But
Mr. Shah had breaking news: Mullah F had not only obtained Australian
permanent residence, he had just returned from Darwin in Australia
after settling his family there. Now, Mr. Shah had been one of the
victims of Mullah F at a Pakistani function. The report from some
Pakistan families in Darwin was that Mullah F’s wife and daughters had
got rid of purdah and were living more liberally than any other
Pakistani family.

Contrary to my fears, Mullah F was very kind and graceful as he opened
the door. Before Mr. Shah could get even with Mullah F (he had
predicted something ominous about Mr. Shah’s daughters in Toronto),
this is what happened: “I am sure you have come to congratulate me
over my permanent residence in Australia. It is Allah’s act. Allah
must have wanted to use me and my family to something noble in
Australia. Who can question when He gives you something. I only hope I
succeed in the task that Allah will assign me and my family in
Australia and I request you two brothers to pray for my success.”

Mr. Shah could not say a word and left like a gambler who had lost all he had.

There was another Allah-fearing Pakistani in another Pakistani
community. He was mostly referred to as Sarkar Jee instead of his real
name. One of the tasks he had taken upon himself was advising people
that Muslims must marry Muslims. He had a theory of genetic transfer
of sin: “If anyone in the history of your family has tasted pork, it
will take seven generations to rid of the sin of eating pork!” Which
means that seven generations would be infected only because someone in
the past tasted pork.

The eldest son of Sarkar Jee married a Chinese woman who was a
Christian. Her father ran a non-halal restaurant where pork was served
too. Just like Mullah F, Sarkar Jee had a well-thought-out answer:
“Allah chose my son to convert a woman to Islam. What else could one
have asked for? Who can fault my son?” No one upon the pain of death.

Typically Pakistanis are hypocritical, intellectually dishonest, and
morally bankrupt. I challenge anyone to visit Pakistanis living
abroad. Day in and day out, they denounce their host
countries—Australia, Britain, Canada, etc—for being immoral and
anti-Islamic, but will never leave and settle down in Pakistan. They
are in the forefront in demanding their rights, but are absent when it
comes to fulfilling their civic duties. In Pakistan, an American drone
attack will outrage the entire nation for killing a dozen people, but
the beheading and burning alive of hundreds of Muslims and non-Muslims
by the fundamentalists is condemned by only a handful of brave people.
I can quote dozens of examples where little girls were raped in the
mosques, but no one raised a voice against the rapes, and no one was
ever punished for those rapes (All of the rapists were imams or
pesh-imams of those mosques). Look at the hypocrisy of Pakistan’s Urdu
journalists and politicians: every time innocent people are killed via
suicide bombing the standard response is: “Muslims cannot do it.”
Matter closed. The fact is that those who carry out these crimes are
hundred per cent Muslim and have impeccable Islamic credentials: They
pray five times a day, read the Koran regularly, and most of them are
hafiz. Muslims believe that on the Day of Judgment one hafiz will lead
a dozen of people to Paradise.

Internationally, the Unite States is the wickedest country, but
American education for one’s son is a dream come true and an American
green card is Allah’s greatest boon. Jews are the enemies of humanity,
but Jewish inventions and discoveries are fully exploited for our
benefit.

Our national hypocrisy is one reason that Pakistan will always remain
a heart of darkness.

Abbas Zaidi