[Reader-list] Giving money to any individual student based on faith, caste, is it correct in rule of laws, in democra

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Thu May 21 14:10:35 IST 2009

Dear Anupam jee

I am surprised that you have attributed this comment to me: 'Hindus must be
united to tackle growth of religious fundamentalism'. I have never said that
ever to the best of my knowledge. The only thing I have ever said that
human-to-human bond must strengthen, and not Hindu-to-Hindu bond. Anyways, I
don't look at issues like Hindu and Muslim.

Secondly, inclusiveness for me simply means including all sections of the
society. And anyways, I have never asked for your surety regarding my
understanding of something.

Thirdly identity politics is taking place not because of me or you, but
because of parties and the way they are behaving, as well as the fact that
now individuals want to be secure enough. In other words, security is the
main concern, be it for Muslim post 9/11 or Dalits in our villages (and the
reluctance of our political parties to stop this). And it's not my attitude,
but the attitude of those who kill in the name of identity which defecates
on our social fabric.

And last but not the least, when any of us posts, it hardly matters, for
after all the nation is not getting any benefit at all. But there is always
one hope, that as individuals we can get to know each other's views, to
understand for ourselves what would be right and what not, and thereby learn
our lessons on our own. Yes, it won't greatly benefit our nation, but it
would certainly help us in our education, and may be we can transfer this
education onto others who will benefit from it.

So therefore, I would say one thing. If you think nobody benefits, stop
posting.

Regards

Rakesh