[Reader-list] Biggest Police firing ever in Kerala..

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Fri May 22 14:59:17 IST 2009

Dear Rajen jee

I am out of chat in both Gmail and Google, and I didn't see the mail.

I have gone through most of the links given in the mail, and this is very
unfortunate to state here that a gang war between goons has been given a
communal colour thanks to some hoodlums existing in the society. I must
condemn this incident for the way it has occurred. And both the goons and
the police are to some extent responsible for the incident turning so ugly.

The goons should never have tried to give communal color. The police must be
condemned in two major ways: firstly it should never have allowed the goons
to play havoc in the society; secondly it should have used tear gas shells,
firing in the air and lathicharge (there is a problem here because the
police says it used tear gas shells whereas there are sources who state
there are loopholes in this claim by the police and this is not true). At
the same time, death in any such kind of form must be condemned.

I don't have to get certificates of secularism from someone, least of all
from you Mr. Rajen ji. To use Mr. Nitish Kumar's words: ' Please don't
become the Vice Chancellor of the University of Secularism'. As for safe
dwelling, probably people like you want conflicts to arise everywhere in the
name of religion to see your ideology put in practice destroying the lives
of my generation, the older generations and the coming generations.

Which is what I don't want.

As for the solution to this kind of menace, the simple problem is that of
goons. There is no need to give communal color Mr. Rajen. The simple thing
is to bring police reforms and make them accountable to the people, and let
them function properly. Automatically the goons are in the jail and there is
no problem. Where does religion come in this anyway?

And as for faith, I don't comment on anyone's faith like you. Faith is
personal and I respect it. It's religion (and those goons who act in
national/regional/religious interests) which must be attacked, not faith.

Regards

Rakesh