[Reader-list] Call for submissions: Kinaara Magazine, Kolkata, India

OISHIK SIRCAR oishiksircar at gmail.com
Sat May 23 10:07:35 IST 2009

*Kinaara* is an upcoming web-based literary magazine for the youth in South
Asia and the diaspora. *Kinaara* is a dream and an experiment by a group of
young people. It is also an attempt to look for a common South Asian
cultural awareness where we share our opinions and artistic expressions with
other young people like us.

*The first edition of Kinaara will be published on July 1, 2009.* The
permanent website address of the magazine will also be released with it.
 Those who are on Facebook are welcome to join the Kinaara group at
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=198526555531 to keep track of
developments. There is also a journal at http://kinaaranews.blogspot.com/ where
all the team members will update on the work they are doing.

---

*WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR::*

- Original, exciting and thought-provoking work from people below 30 with a
South Asian connection.

- Anything that makes our brains tingle! Essays, articles, poetry, short
stories, comics, photo essays, artwork, ramblings, a standalone chapter from
the novel you're writing... If you think the world needs to see it, we're
interested in it.

- If you have a work or idea that doesn't fit any of the above categories,
write to us directly and we'll get back to you.

*UPCOMING EDITIONS::*

*JULY 2009:* No theme, everything welcome. Deadline is June 15.

*AUGUST 2009:* Tentative theme is CONFLICT. Interpret broadly, as long as
you remember the focus. Deadline is July 15.

*HOW TO SUBMIT:: *

- For now, we are receiving all correspondence at kinaaramail at gmail.com.

- Writing is best sent as an MS Word (.doc) or Text (.txt) document. If it
isn't too long, pasting in the mail body works too.

- Images are loved as JPEG (.jpg) files that don't exceed the size of 500
kbs each.

- Mention your name as you'd like to be credited. Add a two-sentence
introduction to yourself. We're interested in knowing where you're from and
what you like doing, but you're free to fill your introduction with anything
you want to tell.
--

Please help us spread the word by passing on this message to your friends,
list-servs or just about anyone you think will appreciate it.

Thank you,

Monidipa Mondal,
Student, Dept. of English,
Jadavpur University, Calcutta,