[Reader-list] Jai Ho LAllu JI

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:34:15 IST 2009

Dear all

This simply is going out of hand. Everybody is attacking vote bank politics
without understanding it at all. And everybody seems to be against it.
Therefore I wish to ask two questions which are important here:

1) Name one democratic country where not a single person votes on the basis
of votebank politics. Please do mention the proof if possible.

2) Equally, is there any proof of the fact that in India, any group, be it
Hindus, Muslims, Dalits or any other community actually gives vote on the
basis of vote bank politics? For this, numerical and survey-based proof is
required, and I would be happy if anybody puts this forward.

Unnecessarily are communities being maligned in the name of vote bank. Is
this correct? As for our politicians, we all know they are fools who can
lead to their own doom, so we should worry about  developmental concerns,
not about vote bank politics. Anyways, this has actually led to inclusive
politics and inclusive democracy in India, and we should promote it.

Regards

Rakesh