[Reader-list] Massacres - Part 3

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Fri May 29 00:10:12 IST 2009

Whenever i happen to visit some old heritage site, i  move my hands on
the texture of its stones more intimately than i see its form. I do it
so effortlessly, but i also love to see its damaged portions, some
plants coming out and birds living inside
i guess, to  contemplate on form only,  beyond a point , is always
misleading, i believe...

The form, perhaps, tells me its religion , but texture tells me the
pain and death of the ordinary people who were used to build it.

So, reading history too suggests me something different, always. The
words which are not there, is perhaps the texture which we often miss
out as and when we see a monument.

perhaps, the words which could not make it while history was being
written would always contain the overwhelming part of the pain and
sadness of that past, i believe....

so, i guess, any history, which we happen to read has a space for that
hidden to surface on the layers of meaning if we let some other
readings of history  to interfere with our conventional ways of
reading history. i am vague , i know...but not out of place...

To those who are angry because of a thousand year old insult  to their
predecessors is something very absurd here, because the reading of
text was direct.  Perhaps, we need to marry each word of history to
sleep with our respective sceptic inward before a meaning is
extracted: a love child if we are not direct

to cut short,  i remember, even Lord Krishana, who benefited much from
Kurukshtera of Mahabarata, sternly admonished Droupdi ( the wife of 5
pandava princes ) for pushing the idea of war to settle scores with
Kauravas for her personal revenge, which he said was wrong in any case

Krishna reminded her that War is too painful a thing and will drown
her open protest hair in the river of blood. That indeed happened and
there was more pain in revenge than in the forgetting the bad reading
of history, say personal

with love
is

http://indersalim.livejournal.com