[Reader-list] 'What Is Eve Teasing?' - Opinion Poll Results

Amit Basole abasole at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 19:24:42 IST 2009

Regarding Kshemendra's query, for the record and speaking as a man, "talking
to breasts" is a very common occurrence and lived reality for women not only
in India but also other places. I recall t-shirts worn by women in the US
where the line "I am up here" with an arrow pointing towards the head is
printed across the chest. This is a form of protest against the practice. It
is a type of objectification so common as to pass completely unnoticed by
the man doing it or seeing other men do it.

Amit