[Reader-list] SEEDS INDIA invites submissions from photographers and writers

Chintan chintangirishmodi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 21:25:23 IST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sarika g <sarikaalways at yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 1:57 PM

I work with an NGO called SEEDS INDIA (www.seedsindia.org) and we work in
the field of sustainable development with a focus on disaster management. As
a part of it we ve stated a new initiative called Adaptation Action Now!
which is a call to look at the plight of people whose lives are already
being devastated by effects of climate change. As part of this campaign we
are organising a slew of activities in Delhi on 5th and 6th of December
which is the weekend before the world leaders meet in Copenhagen for the
next round of negotiations on climate change. The theme for the event this
year is Climate Change and Himalayas. One of the things we have planned is a
photo exhibition portraying the effects of climate change on Himalayas and
Himalayan communities. We are looking at photographs or  photo essays which
show the impacts and changes climate change has brought into the lives of
people living in Himalayas. The photographs can show anything from destroyed
crops to receding glaciers. From excessive waste polluting Himalayas to
increasing tourism impacting the ecosystem to just beautiful landscape which
might vanish in a few years.

We plan to exhibit these photographs at DLF promenade Vasant vihar on 5th
and 6th Dec. coupled with a music concert which we are hosting at the same
venue. Please consider this mail as an invitation for the concert also. We
have various musicians from Himalayas playing different genres of music from
rock to blues to metal to Himalayan folk music.

We will bear the cost of printing the photographs so you are most welcome to
recommend the size, paper sort of printing etc. the photographs remain your
intellectual property and seeds ill have no right to further use them
without your permission.

As a part of the campaign we are also releasing a small report tentatively
titled "Under the footprint". Through this report we are trying to highlight
the vulnerabilities, impact and adaptation aspects of climate change in
South Asia. We are looking for small write ups of around 200-300 words from
various professionals working in the field which will be included in the
report. These write-ups can be about impacts or changes or adaptation
strategies or just human stories. It will be a collaborative online document
which will then be published. We would be really grateful if you contribute
to the same. All the contributors will be given due credit in the report. I
am attaching a list of broad topics/ issues I could come up with and also a
one page write up outlining our thinking and approach. You can use any one
of them or write about anything which is close to your heart. You can also
use this document as a guide or reference for selecting your photographs.

I would be really grateful if you could help us out in this endeavor. Hoping
for your help and waiting for your response.

Sincerely

Saurabh
Consultant - Climate Change
SEEDS INDIA
(www.seedsindia.org)

*P.S. : Please forward this mail to your friends and colleagues, who you
think will be interested in this project.*
*
*