[Reader-list] 'Going Muslim' - America after Fort Hood.

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 00:23:52 IST 2009

1.

"No Freedom is absolute and no Space is unfenced"
the above from text by dear kshmendra

if  all the spaces are fenced then how to understand freedom

do we need to break the fences to realize freedom? or we recognize the
obvious and salute it.

it is perhaps like that, if there is no freedom, because of fences
around all of us, trapped individuals, closed communites, boardered
States?

what to do? Art and culture ( its radical thought even) too becomes
then the property of 'fenced spaces'

disrespecting spaces, as we know in the past has gifted us positive
changes. Its good or bad is another mttter,  but changes do occur as
when people begin to  feel stifled by a system of over guarded fences.

2.

The disucssion on religon and its relationship with violence is
grounded here because West Orchastrated it over the period of time,
and now countries like India are imitating those tunes, and so we see
'Islamization' as something which only produces hate for the other.
saying that "  the Present might not agree with the Past in content or
in attitude"  also means that Americanization of the world is more
lethal to the earth than islamic terrorism is.

just read, that Cars are more dangerous than AIDS. which is not a good
news for American ( whatever ) economy

with love
IS

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Kshmendra Kaul <kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> No Freedom is absolute and no Space is unfenced. Disrespect that and you will get conflict.
>
> You are right. Nobody should be left out. Be it Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Atheist, Agnostic, Leftist, Rightist ...... whoever. Certainly bash them all if they are disrespecting Freedoms and Spaces.
>
> It should be done whenever Religion/Ideology are so propagated and used to instigate or provoke violence. Irrespective of whether it touches upon inter-religion/ideology or intra-religion/ideology, it should be done when one set of adherents of a particular Religion/Ideology declare their pre-eminence over all the others by some or the other diktat of a notional Divine or it's Regent.
>
> The conversations that were taking place might not help you understand violence or religion. It does not mean that others might not get some inklings from it. You might have (if you have) already formulated your understanding of violence and religion. That does not mean others have too and that they should not converse and make their own formulations. What might be "utterly utterly pointless" for you might not be so for others.
>
> Let me for a moment grant your dismissal as being valid. Let me agree for the moment that the enlightenment of some degree of understanding could not be found in the conversations.
>
> It is equally important to speak and speak out against the obviousness of Religion/Ideology being used to instigate or provoke violence or being used for declaring the pre-eminence of one set of adherents of a particular Religion/Ideology over all the others.
>
> That the discussion was on "relative proximity of particular religions to violence" is your phrasing. To categorise it as Islamophobic is your interpretation.
>
> By your logic if there is a discussion on how Hindus are using Hinduism to instigate or provoke violence or for declaring the pre-eminence of one set of adherents of Hinduism over all the others then it should be seen as Hinduphobia.
>
> Your Wellsian reach back to picking a Tilak here a Buddhist there to make your points on the pointlessness of the discussion is a flawed argument.
>
> The role Religions played in instigating or provoking conflicts, in the Past is well known. Krishna did it, Mohammed did it, Gobind did it. You say Tilak did it. Jinnah did it. Some opine that the "apostle of peace' Gandhi did it.
>
> The Present has reflections from the Past but the Present might not agree with the Past in content or in attitude.
>
> Whether it is concerning Hindus or Muslims, discussions (in the context referred to above) are needed. Whether you or someone else sees that as Hinduphobia or Islamophobia does not invalidate the need for such discussions.

>>> Bombing. As far as I know, McVeigh did not claim it as a strike by a

http://indersalim.livejournal.com