[Reader-list] Yasin Malik Ko Gusa Kyoun Aatta Hai

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 20:34:51 IST 2009

Yasin Malik ko gusa kyoun aata hai?

Recently, i managed a ' Biradari meeting ' (civil society meeting )
in  Jammu to settle my personal land dispute with my Ist cousin, who
sold my ancestral property ( home ) clendestinely in Kashmir.  My
counsin, being too elderly,  started with things alien to the core
dispute. Some personal attacks and lies which made me angry, and i
shouted in the middle of his opening presentation, which perhaps
ruined the chances of a just settlement. The case is still in the High
court, but 'out of court' settlement is difficult to arrive , because
he is now the beneficiary of our decadent' civil' legal procedures,
and even if settled in my favour, he has really very little to lose,
except to part away with the 1/2 share which is already mine. And why
he should he honour the ' biradari' , money  after all matters.

I  regret that the meeting failed, not because i lost my cool, but
that i was optimistic about powers of ' biradiri'. Now, i should
either forget my rights, or throw stones at him. The pain in the ass
is that i cant forget my rights, and neither i can throw stones...

only diplomats, lawayers, judges and other such high profile ranks are
trained to mask their emotions. Common man , often speak what they
feel is true, even loudly. Because, we live in the mundane reality of
our  reality, which looks existential from most of the angles. And the
reality is contaminated, both literally and metaphorically.

unfortunately the trend is diplomatically speading to other circles as
well,  and the worst is that this so called cool mannerism falls in
the catagory of non-violence, and ah, the rest is violence!
Creative people, i guess, ought to deal with violence creatively.
Indeed, violence creates violence, and so catogorized, but who two
people do live in peace ?  It is not a black and white game.

Burning British garments was Gandhi's creative political move, which
has nothing to do with Violence or non-violence. Perhaps, Jinnah was
less creative and could not think beyond his master idea: Pakistan.
Some sense of humour could have changed the destiny of millions in
1947, but alas.

Given the fact that people can be defined beyond this violence
non-violence binary,  which might give us the idea why we beleive in
civil societies, and for what, if not to undersand the anger of a
community or even an individual. To say, that a clean shaven politican
 X is non-violent in comparison to a militant named Y is again our own
limitation to enter the maze of our society.  Any society is
intrinsically made up of a mosaic of different realites, violence and
non-violence are just two colours in it.

Stragely enough, we human beings proliferate on earth by being so
violent to each other in the first place, and simultaneously to the
nautre as well, and yet we keep on talking about the de-merits of
non-violence. Quite ironica, and if we think only about the explicit
forms of non-violence we are again doing some violence to the subject.
 Non-violence is one of most  profound subjects, because it often
begins with that  ' know they self' thing,  and then the other. And do
we have a formula to manifest ' the self' ?

Since Mahabarata, we have zillions of cases related to land dispute,
and millions pending in our  courts for the same reason. The violence
erupts from that sense of not being to own what our given complex
beings desire. It is true that we dont know what we actualy want, and
yet we have a reason to pick up a fight for protecting what we feel we
possess.

Here, i may start writing on why Yasin Malik expressed anger about
'Kashmir issue' in a recent ' civil'  meeting at Delhi's Teen Murti.
But that is again a repetition of what we already know......given the
fact that 'Kahsmir issue' is now thoroughly internalized in the valley
minds; they feel it is personal. The violence of ' the past'  has
perhaps made it happen like that.

with love
is

--