[Reader-list] Weekend workshop on DANCE / MOVEMENT THERAPY in Mumbai

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Mon Nov 23 08:37:22 IST 2009

Weekend workshop on DANCE / MOVEMENT THERAPY
@ Expressions Modern Dance Studio,  Mumbai
0n 19th / 20th of December 2009 b/w 10.00 am and 5.00 pm

Dance therapy uses natural body movement to attain therapeutic goals.
It enhances our emotional-physical unity, affecting change in feelings,
cognition  physical functioning and behavior

Dance therapists extract specific elements from various dance forms to
enable people move towards holistic growth and healthier functioning.
This therapy helps release  stress and gain a better understanding of
one’s movement potential, conflicts and needs.

Taking part in individual, group, and partnership activities,
participants increase their range of motion while enhancing creativity,
problem solving skills and team building capacities. The workshop will
also help participants use movement activities and games with children
and adults.

Theory includes historical evolution, techniques, principles and goals
of dance therapy.  The practical segment consists of warm up and cool
down routines, movement activities, games and extra daily techniques
from Indian and western dance theatre.

The workshop is open to special educators, teachers, artists, team
leaders, social workers, therapists and mental health professionals.

Bio-Profile of facilitator:

Tripura Kashyap is a Dance Educator, Movement Therapist &
choreographer. She holds a degree in classical dance from Kalakshetra,
Chennai.  Tripura studied Dance Therapy at Hancock Center in the U.S
and has a Masters degree in Psychology. As choreographer-in-residence
at American Dance Festival, she trained in Jazz Ballet, Modern dance,
choreography and dance theatre.

Currently, Tripura is projects coordinator for Bhoomika, Delhi. She
performs & conducts workshops on contemporary dance and dance therapy.
Her handbook on creative dance therapy titled “My body, my wisdom’ was
published by Penguin.

For Registration please contact: 243 66 777 / 6 / 1
Expressions studio, Ground Floor,
Silver Cascade ,S.B Marg, Dadar (W) Mumbai – 400028
sonali at dancewithemdc.com
Visit: www.dancewithemdc.com