[Reader-list] Yasin Malik Ko Gusa Kyoun Aatta Hai

taraprakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 01:51:26 IST 2009

Hello Inder.
For you the personal and political aspects of the problem may intersect at
the point when brittishers sold the land to maharaja, for some others it
begins with the concept of ownership of property. When the Man decided X
part as the land of the self and Y part as the land of the other. That
perhaps was the beginning of colonialism. This is when Nature started losing
to Culture and universal to personal. Our cousins/leaders/rulers seem to
have always embraced the personal when in the advantageous situations, and
universal in less favorable times.
You ask what is law. I believe you know that law is the instrument of
offering and justifying benefits to the people in power at a given time.

I do sympathize with you again but I have no sympathies for Mr. Malik nor
with his cause. Forgive my cynicism in saying that India never became free,
nor shall Kashmir ever be. Kashmiri rich may be able to buy the land from
the Indian rich, only thing that apparently will change is who provides for
the chains. Human memory has become very short, 10, or may be 50 years, from
now I will have forgotten about your loss of your land. If at that time I
meet your cousin in a dismal situation, as his cousin sold "his" land, I
might again be sympathetic. That will look like "beginning of political,"
but I don't think it should becalled beginning.

Regards