[Reader-list] Join ADAPT Solidarity Rally on International Day of the Disabled, Dec 3, Mumbai

Chintan chintangirishmodi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 21:43:29 IST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: melinda warty melinda.warty at gmail.com

Dear Chintan

Here is the Solidarity Rally invite. Pass it on to people you think would be
interested.

Mel.
--

On 3rd December 2009, we are celebrating The International Day of the
Disabled with a Solidarity Rally in Mumbai. As we celebrate inclusion and

We flag the Solidarity Rally at 4:00 p.m. at Kala Ghoda (opposite to Max
Mueller Bhavan) and proceed to Mahatma Gandhi Udayan (next to LIC building,
Nariman Point), where we will assemble at 5:00 p.m. to share stories of
success, achievements, struggle and courage of persons with disabilities and
their families through speeches, songs and dance performances by able and
disabled persons. We are expecting participation from disabled activists,
parents, schools, colleges, opinion makers, government and non-government
officials, and the media, print and electronic.

Your presence will make us feel we are not alone in the struggle to be heard
and will express your solidarity for the cause.

We look forward to your confirmation.

Yours truly,

Padmashri Mithu Alur, Ph.D.

Founder Chairperson

ADAPT (formerly The Spastics Society of India)

Member

Central Advisory Board for Education (CABE),New Delhi

Member ,

Executive Committee,

National  Mission of the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan,New Delhi

Best Regards.

--
Melinda Warty
Placement Co-ordinator