[Reader-list] Call for entries - We Care Filmfest 2010

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Mon Oct 12 17:53:20 IST 2009

Sub:  WE CARE FILM FESTIVAL ON DISABILITY ISSUES 2010:

CALL FOR ENTRIES

Dear friends,

We Care Filmfest-2009 organised by the National Trust, BROTHERHOOD and
UN Information Centre (UNIC) in collaboration with Oxfam India and
Asian Academy of Film & Television received overwhelming response from
India and abroad.  Entries were received from United States, United
Kingdom, Israel, the Philippines, Italy and Spain.  We Care Filmfest
has become a brand across the globe when it comes to film festival on
disability issues.   We Care Filmfest has also received media attention
from India and around the world.

Encouraged by last year’s response, Brotherhood, UN Information Centre
and Asian Academy of Film and Television are pleased to announce call
for entries for the 7th edition of We Care Filmfest.  The theme will be
“Dignity and Justice for all”.

Through the film festival, we aim to promote the rights of persons with
disabilities as set out in the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons
with Disabilities (UNCRPD), which came into force on 3 May 2008.

The film festival will be held in two phases.

During the first phase (September 2009 – November 2009), the festival
(Retrospective We Care Filmfest) will
 travel to various cities of India
and award-winning short films and documentaries of the last three years
will be screened in these cities.  These films will also be screened in
various institutes of Mass Communication, Journalism and film making.
The purpose will be to promote We Care Filmfest and motivate students
to make short films and documentaries for upcoming We Care
Filmfest-2010.

During December 2009 – January 2010, received films and documentaries
will be short-listed by the preview committee for screening during the
film festival.

During the second phase (February 2010 – April 2010), the We Care
Filmfest-2010 will hold screenings in different cities across the
country.  We would invite students of Mass Communication and Journalism
to rate the films and documentaries and be part of a participatory
rating process which would give alternate opinion on the quality and
content of these films. This will be in addition to an independent jury
who will also adjudge the films,

As UNCRPD has entered into force on 3 May 2008, we will organize the
Award Ceremony on May 3, 2010.  During the award ceremony we will 1)
release a souvenir along with the report of the Wecare Filmfest-2010,
2) distribute award to the awardees and 3) Release DVD/CD of the
award-winning films.

We are enclosing herewith the details regarding “CALL FOR ENTRIES” for
We Care Filmfest-2010.

With regards

Satish Kapoor

Director