[Reader-list] Support Prajnya's Campaign against Gender Violence

Chandni Parekh chandni.parekh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 20:13:59 IST 2009

If you want a link to post this on Twitter/Facebook:
http://FundACause.posterous.com/support-prajnyas-campaign-against-gender-viol

-----

>From Anupama Srinivasan
*Prajnya  <http://www.prajnya.in/> is a Chennai-based non-profit, working on
areas related to peace, justice and security. * Between 25 November and 10
December every year, Prajnya organises the 16 Days Campaign against Gender
Violence <http://www.prajnya.in/16days.htm>. Through this campaign, we look
to raise awareness of the different ways in which women in particular are
vulnerable to violence, at home, at their place of work, on campuses and in
public spaces.*Over 16 days, we conceptualise and organise 16 different
programmes, at different locations across the city, with different partners
and for different audiences. *

*We do this through a broad, inclusive, structural and human rights approach
to gender**‐**based violence; by forging partnerships to create a network
for action; by involving diverse audiences including educational
institutions, corporate groups and civil society organisations; and by
working with innovative media and programme formats. *

Violence against women isn’t a private concern. It affects every single one
of us at every stage of life. For this reason, the 16 Days Campaign is a
collective exercise that we undertake with our partners, our volunteers and
our friends!
Please support the campaign with a donation. And of course, please spread
the word!

If you would like to volunteer or make a donation, please write to us at
prajnya.16days at gmail.com<http://us.mc544.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=prajnya.16days@gmail.com>

And read about the planning process and give us your ideas at
prajnya16days.blogspot.com

THANK YOU!!

The Prajnya Team

--