[Reader-list] Fwd: stop the award to narendra modi

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 20:45:47 IST 2009

Dear Cheri

This only means we should further strengthen the voices of those who
suffered thanks to the mass murder under his reign. He undermined the very
oath a Chief Minister has to take under the Constitution. This is not just a
fight for justice for these victims, the way I look at it. This is a fight
against those who taint the very principles for which our fathers and their
fathers fought against the British Raj. The intention was not to shift the
capital from London to New Delhi and be happy that we have gained political
independence.

The idea was to secure political, social and economic freedoms and
entitlements for our people, who had been subjected to arbitrary and gross
violations of their rights by the British and continue to be done so by
leaders, from Nehru to Modi, in one way or the other, from dams to SEZ's to
toying with the environment.

Such awards are only a manifestation of the way the elites have manipulated
the views and structures of organizations to work for them, at the expense
of common people, the subalterns. And they should be thoroughly condemned
and lambasted and lampooned. Mass murderers and awards?? What next? Osama
Bin Laden winning Nobel?

Regards

Rakesh