[Reader-list] Mahatma Gandhi and Ragging.

sinead kachroo sinead.kachroo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 10:26:14 IST 2009

Dear all,

*Invitation to commemorate the anniversary of the Satyagraha  at Raj Ghat,
New Delhi on the 11th Sept. at 4 PM. *

On the occasion of the 103rd anniversary of the Satyagraha, the Gandhi
Smriti & Darshan Samiti,  has decided to dedicate this year to the
issue of*Ragging.
* They  in cooperation with  the *Aman Movement for the Eradication of
Ragging* has decided to organise *a thought provoking session of interaction
* between students, academics, Journalists, non governmental agencies,
parents, school teachers, psychologists, administrators and law enforcing
personnel on the subject of ragging.

*What can we do to stop this violence in institutes of Education ? Who is to
be blamed resposible and who has the power to do something about it ? What
are your thoughts and solutions ?*

We would like to invite you to participate in the function as active
participants and contribute to the discussion.

An open Forum has been organised where participants can talk and ask the
panellist questions directly. We need people who are active and aware. *People
who are not afraid to speak their mind. *

Panelists include the Delhi Vice Chancellor and Bengal Vice Chancellor of
Universities, Director of the Nelson Mandela Resolution for Peace and
Conflict, reputed Delhi Psychologists and Representatives of the Police
force.

The format is informal, after a brief address of the panellists on the issue
of ragging which should last about 3-5 minutes each. The Session will  then
be open to discussion and moderated by the *Aman Satya Kachroo Trust Founder
-Dr. Raj Kachroo.*

* *

 We look forward to see you on the 11th September at 4 PM – Raj Ghat.

For more information please feel free to call me on  (0) 9717 059 747.

 Warm Regards,

Sinead Kachroo

Aman Movement for Eradication of Ragging.