[Reader-list] fwd:An Open Letter to Hon'ble Prime Minister

Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 15:02:23 IST 2009

Dear all in the list,
 to my thinking these are some of the perceptions which need
objective pondering:-D
>From the paras of the post in the list,

a)   "You have raised the issue of Afzal being not attacked whereas Modi
being
attacked. The fact is that according to the chargesheet which the Delhi
police used, along with their investigation to prove that Afzal and others
are guilty, the facts suggested are of such a dubious nature, that right
from the Civil Court (lowest strata) to the Supreme Court (highest strata),
the Delhi police got a reprimand for not conducting investigations properly.
If you don't believe me, read the judgement." __ Is this a fact.?

b) How come a judgement based on a dubious chargesheet be acceptable to
rational human beings? Which is why I said that Modi should not be glorified
or villified. Similarly, even Afzal is being glorified or vilified, which is
not what we should do. If the facts on the ground state that Afzal has not
done the crime or not to the extent of deserving the death sentence, he
shouldn't have got it. -- Is this a fact.?

c)  The BJP protests against Valentine's day based on its perception that
westernization of society is a sin. That too is based on a perception.  __Is
that acceptable?

.
1.    Are these perceptions based on objective look, if some individuals who
are also supporters of a political party, oppose Valentines Day, does it
reflect the party's stand.?

2. Does the affidavit filed by the Home ministry reflect truth or
objectively looked at, in the case of accused by the court when Supreme
court persued it.?

3. When a CM of the state being held responsible for riots and attacks on
the basis of faith, does the same "intellectuals" look objectively at the
actions of the law keepers of Delhi State, Jharkhand State, or that of
Manipur state, and these CMs are different as they belong to different
political parties.?

4. When analyzing the facts "objectively" the weightage for faith becomes an
important issue for the "intellectuals".?
5. Deviants if belonged to a faith which is "minority" such crimes are not
big time crimes, or is it that there are no criminals in those faiths.?

Regards,

Rajen.

Rajen.