[Reader-list] Jashan–e–Aman, a Festival of Peace

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 10:54:07 IST 2009

Jashan–e–Aman, Festival of Peace
Soch, Samajh, Seekh aur Saamna
(Thought, Understanding, Learning and Facing)

STEP (Standing Together to Enable Peace) cordially invites you to a 2-weeks long festival of peace in Delhi, to be held from September 19th – October 2nd 2009

Inaugural Ceremony 19th September 2009
Please do confirm your Presence

RSVP
paramjeetbernad at gmail.com - 9811084987
Abhishek.jani at gmail.com – 9899111320

Programmes open for public

19th Sept.
VENUE: Nehru Memorial Museum Library, New Delhi
5:30 – 6:00 pm
Curtain Raiser
Video screening: “Unheard Voices of India”
(produced by Saeed Akhtar Mirza, for ActionAid)

6:00 – 6:20 pm
Welcome speech: by STEP member

6:20 – 6:50 pm
Envision Peace (conversation):
Harsh Mander
Syeda Hameed

6:50 – 7:15 pm  Iftar (breaking of fast)

7:30 – 8:15 pm
Recital for Peace Ustad Wasifuddin Dagar

8:30 pm – Session: “The world at My Table” (by invitation)

26th Sept.
Nehru Memorial Museum Library, New Delhi
Time: 4:00 – 5:00 pm
“Us and Them” directed by Katkatha

5:15 – 7:30 pm
Screening of the documentary film: “Khayal Darpan”
Directed by Yousuf Saeed (Auditorium)
In conversation with the director

7: 30 – 9: 45 pm
Music for Peace
Bands from Various NGOs

27th Sept.
Venue: Dwarka Sector 3
Prodyokita Apartment RWA
Time: 11:00 -12:30 pm
Puppet Show: “Us and Them”
Dialogue with: Wasifudin Dagar

Movie Screening “Basant” (by Yousuf Saeed)
Time: 5:00 – 6:30 pm
Workshop: Dialoguing with Diversity – Exploring my Experiences

VENUE NMML
Time: 6:30 – 7:30pm
Play “Reality”
Imagining an Urban Eco-system

1st October
Venue: Lady Shri Ram College
Workshop: Teaching Peace – Educating for 21st Century
Time: 11:30 – 3:00 pm

JASHN Finale
Safdar Hashmi Amphitheatre Jamia Milia Islamia
Time: 7:00 – 9:30 pm
Sufi music performance from Ajmer, Kashmir and Delhi

2nd October
NMML
Time3:00 – 5:00 pm
Workshop: Youth and Peace

5:00 – 6:00 pm
Performance by – Theatre Y

6:00 – 7:00 pm
Panel Youth on Peace -envisioning youth movement for change: IYCN, Pravah, Hulchul and Youth Parliament and NAAM

7:00 – 7:15 pm
Launching STEP website for Change Festival montage
7:15 – 8:00 pm
Being Peace an interactive closing performance by students of Ritinjali Night

Idea behind this peace festival:
21st September is celebrated world over as International Peace Day and the 2nd of October the world pays homage to M.K Gandhi by celebrating International Non-Violence Day. Taking these to dates as our starting point for reflection this year we hope to celebrate the journey for building a peaceful society. Join us as we explore what peace means to us? How we can translate it into our daily lives? What values the society needs to promote to create a culture of peace? Where should one begin to build such a society? Through performing arts, discussions, dialogues and workshop we hope that for 12 day the city can reflect, act and enjoy fostering peace.  If you have any ideas or wish to contribute towards creating this platform for an engaging exploration, do visit us at www.sttep.co.in.