[Reader-list] "If India refuses talks, it would have consequences"

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 20:13:40 IST 2009

Dear Rahul,

It felt like one of those pre war warnings after reading the BBC piece after
which one feels like why do I belong to any of these nations. Perhaps the
report doesnt take into consideration: "Doing business for Israel and India
(I to I) is easy because there is enormous goodwill for India in the
country, not least because India has no history of anti-Semitism—one reason
why tens of thousands of Israelis come holidaying to India every year." T.I.
Ninan which appeared recently in Business Standard. ( I am trying my best to
not react to the anti-semitism comment)

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/t-n-ninan-an-i-for-an-i/369851/

Although the article explores the avenues of better Indo-Israel ties, my
question pertain to the BBC report and the warnings of Israel. If Israel is
investing such huge amounts in various sectors including dairy, how is it
possible that they are issuing warnings to its own people to be careful
while visiting India?  Or is it some kind of gamble vis-a-vis the security
establishment's success or failure to curb the so-called Islamic
fundamentalism?

-regard Anupam