[Reader-list] Yoko Ono + Dj Spooky: Exhibition 10/3/09

Paul D. Miller anansi1 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 19 00:51:45 IST 2009

Hey people - it's been a while. I just wanted to send out a headz up about an exhibition I have coming up. As many of you know, I'm an artist, writer, and musician. In October, I have two large projects I wanted to invite you to check out.

1) I have an exhibition with some of my favorite artists from Japan: Yoko Ono, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Mamaru Oshi (he directed one of my favorite films "Ghost in the Shell") etc Also, if you haven't had a chance, check out the material I produced on Yoko Ono's last album "Yes, I'm a Witch"
The theme of the show is centered on this
2012: Art, The City, and The Environment
 and the opening party will be under the new Highline.

 You can read about it on the main site: thedropnyc.org
or on Yoko's site:
 YOKO ONO SITE: http://imaginepeace.com/news/archives/7917
 I'm reminding everyone very early: we're expecting quite a few
people.

 2) On another note - I'm a judge for this year's South Asian
 International Film Festival. I hope you can check out some the
 films
  http://www.saiff.org/

 Blurb:
 The week-long event will run from Wednesday, October 21
 through Tuesday, October 27, 2009 in New York City. With
 several screening locations, a team of high-profile supporters, red
 carpet premieres, and a slate of top-notch films, the festival will
 give audiences of all ages and ethnicities a chance to discover
 new South Asian voices and celebrate established ones.

I hope you can make some of the events. I haven't been around NY for several months because I was shooting a film in the South
 Pacific. It's a long story...

www.djspooky.com/nauruelegies

in peace,

Paul
ps, don't forget - the new album comes out in the beginning of October too!
But that's another email