[Reader-list] Fwd: [chhattisgarh-net] Justice and Peace

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 16:13:27 IST 2010

Dear Sanjay

Felix says:

"What is happening is a polarisation into two sides who both believe in war, leaving no space for neutraility, truth and peace."

Yes polarisation seems to have taken place but I am not too sure about "both believe in war" and that there is no space for "neutraility, truth and peace". That evaluation can only serve the purpose of demonizing. If you lined up the 'two sides' and asked them the common question "Do you essentially believe in 'truth and peace?'" I have no doubt that "both sides" will answer with a Yes!

In the manner that he lays out the problem Felix himself polarises the "two sides" to the extent of allowing no scope for "neutraility, truth and peace".

Felix says "Surely, the Maoist insurgency has its roots in the state's appalling human rights situation over the last 5 years?"

Trying to suggest that the cause of the present conflict lies in happenings over the "last 5 years" shows a very shallow understanding of the 'roots'.

As does Felix's reducing the understanding of the present conflict to the statements he makes in Points 1, 2 & 3. Those might be reflections of the 'polarisation' but are not the 'roots'.

In my opinion, the 'roots' are spread over the last 63 years and fed by the almost total indifference shown towards and, to make it worse, the convienient exploitation of those very people who, to start with, are the most disadvantaged and have little or no access to Justice. Indifference and exploitation by "We the People of India", by "We the Indian State".

I have mentioned the period of 63 years because "We the People of India" and "We the Indian State" are accountable for and responsible for the negatives since 1947 and not prior to that.

Felix is not only defining 'sides' but also playing sides.

But then Dr Felix Padel is an intellectual and I am an ordinary mind.

Kshmendra