[Reader-list] Justice for Dr Siras, at CP, New Delhi, April 12

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 14:09:24 IST 2010

Dear all,

We urge all who are concerned with the sanctity of an individual's
human rights, who mourn the tragic death of Dr Srinivas Ramchandra
Siras, who want to see the beloved Aligarh Muslim University delivered
from the hands of the criminals currently running this institution,
who support the rights of queer people, to come for the protest
meeting planned on Monday evening at Central Park, Connaught Place,
New Delhi. Please do forward this information widely.

JUSTICE FOR Dr SIRAS

We condemn the events leading to the persecution and eventual death of
Dr. Srinivas Ramachandra Siras, Reader and Chair of Modern Indian
Languages at Aligarh Muslim University (AMU). His death is the result
of the harassment he faced, including the unlawful and unethical
suspension he faced on account of his being gay. Dr Siras had to
undergo trauma, fear, harassment and humiliation in and by his own
University and all actors involved must be held culpable in his death.

What: Protest

Where: Central Park, Connaught Place, in front of Metro Station Gate

When: 5:30pm, Monday, April 12th

Solidarity,
-Lesley, Voices Against 377
Lesley A. Esteves

Deputy Editor, Outlook Traveller Getaways
Managing Editor, Outlook Lounge