[Reader-list] Reg: Naxalism

Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 20:24:56 IST 2010

Dear Rakesh and members of the list,

it has become a sort of trademark for some, to romanticise the violence,
justify the violence on the basis of deprivation, poverty and lack of
governance etc, to be known and identified as "intellectuals". Moot issue is
who are these supporters of violence, all are a bunch of well settled
individuals, eating the doled out funds of system, enjoying power without
responsibilty for that power, but at the same time biting the system, mking
it weaker to gain more power being "opinion makers".
Violence and use of violence as a form of expression to dissent is to be
condemned who so ever does it, as otherwise the right that is earned by the
democracy is at stake.For the faith, for the caste and for the idealogy, if
violence is the way to dominate, thenm the democratic fabric is lost,and let
it be rule of laws to manage the dissent, earned and made feasible by
democratic process, so any group of individuals who use violence, be it
naxals, their supporters or be it hindu, muslim or any faith followers who
try to dominate the society by violence, such group of individuals are
violating the very basic tenets of democratic rule.Enemies of the society
who use violence to express dissent are enmies of the society, nation, have
to be dealt as such.
Regards,
rajen.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Rakesh Iyer <rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Since many people were talking about the need to fight Naxalism on this
> forum without trying to understand the issue, I am posting a series of
> articles which were there in Outlook magazine this week.
>
> Rakesh
>
> *http://outlookindia.com/article.aspx?265016
>
> http://outlookindia.com/article.aspx?265017
>
> http://outlookindia.com/article.aspx?265018